Friday, August 17, 2007

Every great magic trick consists of three great parts or acts. The first part is called the "The Pledge." The magician shows you somthing ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird, or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn." The magician takes the ordinary somthing and makes it do somthing extrodanary. Now you're looking for the secreat... but you wont find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really know what to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making somthing disapear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige."
-Cutter "The Prestige"


I choose this passage not only because I like the movie but I can relate it to my life. No I am not a magician. The obvious relation is that my life is that it has three parts; begining, middle, and end. Hopefully each part better than the last. I don't think that I am exactly as people see me to be, just like if you looked furthur into the ordinary object you would see that it isn't very ordinary afterall.


Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by
The rules of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes
And leap...

It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

-Wicked

I saw this play in New York a couple years ago and really enjoyed it! I'd like to think that I am as motivated as this but unfortunatly am not. So i will try somthing new. I put this on here to remind me to work to my greatest ability.

No comments: