Friday, October 26, 2007

christmas everything

every single year around the holiday of thanksgiving our mailbox begins to fill up with catalogs selling expensive children cloths; not regular cloths, these are christmas themed. each page is filled with smiling boys and girls wearing matching sunday dresses and sweaters. on ocasion they even manage to get the whole family to match. its great. anyway my grandmother every year picks out an outfit, most likly matching, to wear for chrismas festivities. these festivities consist of things such as...
-waiting, waiting, and waiting in phipps plaza to take a picture on what my mom always said was the prettiest santa's knee
-the christmas eve sevice at the church, where me and my brother awaited the day that we would be able to hold the candel all by ourselves
-and of chorse the following afternoon, christmas day, when we would all go to my grandmothers house and one last time put on the dress and the large ribbon in my hair the whole time thinking at least i wont have to wear it again after this!

but you cant buy a christmas dress and not christmas pajamas. so yes, all of the cousins would each year would wear matching x-mas pjs. one year they would be red and green striped long johns and the next year covered in animals from the north pole.

but what sucked the most about all of the stuff was that the clothes and pajamas would come at least a month before christmas. so that dress hanging in my closet and the pajamas sealed up in a bag on my dresser became an evil reminder of how far away
christmas was.

No comments: